Those who provide professional services must meet the highest standards of ethical responsibility and excellence in their fields—and they expect no less from their lawyers. It is Cosgrave’s honor to be called on regularly to defend the expertise of professionals in many different industries.
Our own professional excellence as lawyers is focused industry knowledge and integrity. For decades, Cosgrave has helped professionals achieve favorable results in mediations, at trial, and on appeal. Our clients include lawyers, engineers, accountants, and architects, to name a few.
In addition to defending professionals, we also advise them on day-to-day issues such as business formation, lease review, succession planning, asset purchase or sale, tax planning, employment law, and claims risk management.
Cosgrave attorneys with particular experience and talent in the defense of professionals include:
- Thom Brown, who has defended or taken numerous state and federal court appeals of attorney malpractice claims.
- Andrew Burns, who has handled many construction engineering and architecture negligence claims.
- Frank Lagesen, (a retired CPA), who has defended numerous accountant malpractice claims.
- Mike Lewton, who earned a masters degree in social work, has handled many social worker claims.
- Rich Miller, who has handled numerous tax and estate planning projects for professionals in various industries, including advice in tax and estate planning malpractice claims against attorneys.
- Nick Wheeler, who has defended many legal malpractice claims.
- Attorneys and law firms