Charley joined the firm in 1985. His practice focuses on representation of closely held businesses in a wide variety of business transactions, including significant work in real estate ownership, development and construction. Specialized areas include business start-up, shareholder and employment agreements and representing clients in the sale or transition of their businesses. In addition to his transaction work, he represents clients in complex business litigation.
- Sale of major armored car company and lease of related facility
- Sale of major franchise business – 8 locations in Alabama
- Sale of medical health physics and imaging equipment testing company and lease of related facility
- Sale of medical and dental practices
- Purchase of regional sales representative company
- Purchase of medical device company
- Development agreement and related long term lease to regional grocer
- Purchase of insurance agency
- Purchase of major (Washington) pet food distributor
- Sale of major specialty plastics manufacturing business
- Sale of local boutique fitness business
- Structuring merger of Washington/Oregon envelope printing business
Education & Bar Admissions:
Charley earned a bachelor’s degree in accounting from the University of Oregon in 1972 and his law degree from the University of Oregon Law School in 1976. He was admitted to the Oregon State Bar in 1976.
Charley is a member of the Multnomah Bar Association and the Oregon Association of Defense Counsel. He is AV rated (highest rating) by the Martindale-Hubbell National Law Directory’s peer review for his ethical standards and legal ability.
Charley formerly served on the Board of Directors for Columbia Edgewater Country Club.
“Just a note to express our appreciation for your assistance and being such a stabilizing factor in our successful negotiations. Your timely inpute kept the discussions on track and kept us from straying too far off the subject at hand. We feel your presence helped us win the day, answering their questions with ease and giving the feeling that we really wanted them as our tenant.
You and your office have represented us and our interests over the past 20 years and we thank you for having our best interests at heart.”