Why join us?
If you want to be part of a well-established and growing law firm, and be a member of a close-knit group, then this is the place for you! We offer a fast-paced, team-oriented, and fun work environment with competitive compensation, and generous benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k, paid time off, and more.
Cosgrave Vergeer Kester LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants and strive to provide a workplace in which all employees feel included, respected, and valued. All inquiries will remain in confidence.
Business Practice Legal Assistant/Paralegal
Cosgrave Vergeer Kester LLP has an immediate opening for an experienced, organized, and self-starting legal assistant/paralegal to assist attorneys in managing a busy estate planning, business, and real estate practice.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least five successive years of experience supporting attorneys practicing in the areas of real estate, business, estate planning/probate, and corporate formation and governance.
- Draft and edit routine correspondence and memoranda.
- Work with attorneys to support and assist long-standing client relationships.
- Work independently regarding entity formation and maintenance, including but not limited to, annual registration renewal and corporate minute books.
- Coordinate due diligence for commercial and residential real estate transactions, including working with title, escrow, surveyors, engineers, and county administrative offices.
- Assist attorneys in managing additional business matters including mergers and acquisitions, and other strategic corporate transactions, including managing due diligence, accessing public records, and assisting in the closing of transactions.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint. Working knowledge of ProLaw and NetDocs desirable.
- Be a highly organized, self-starter who is able to collect and organize detailed information, keep track of deadlines, and prioritize workflow accordingly.
- Acute attention to detail with strong grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Have ability to solve problems as they arise and provide excellent client service.
- Be able to work well as an integral and valued team player in a small practice group.
- Familiarity with probate pleading and filing of the same.
- Experience with IRS and State of Oregon tax forms.
Paralegal certificate and/or college degree a plus. A combination of experience and training may be substituted. Schedule is 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with ability to occasionally work additional time as needed.
You will be working closely with two partners, one senior counsel, and other business group members on various business and corporate matters, including real property transactions and some probate and estate planning matters. Your excellent written and communication skills, combined with a good sense of humor, will contribute to your success on this busy team. Position requires ability to quickly identify problems as they arise, work toward resolution, and provide overall excellent client service.