To apply for any of the below open positions, please complete an Employment Application and send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Why join us?
If you want to be part of a well-established and growing law firm, and be a member of a close-knit group, then this is the place for you! We offer a fast-paced, team-oriented, and fun work environment with competitive compensation, and generous benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k, paid time off, and more.
Cosgrave Vergeer Kester LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants and strive to provide a workplace in which all employees feel included, respected, and valued. If you have questions or require assistance, please call 503-323-9000 and ask to speak with the human resources director or firstname.lastname@example.org. Job is open until filled. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.
Associate Attorney – Civil Litigation
Cosgrave Vergeer Kester LLP has an open position for an associate attorney to join our civil litigation practice. Work assignments may include personal injury, general liability, business, and construction litigation. A minimum of two years of civil litigation experience is required. Strong academic record, demonstrated analytical and writing skills, and Oregon State Bar membership are required.
This is a good opportunity to join a well-established firm with strong roots in the Northwest. With more than 25 attorneys, the firm is known for its exceptional client responsiveness and highly effective advocacy. Cosgrave’s clients range from individuals and small business owners to national and international corporations. We offer a unique opportunity to develop professionally in a collegial working environment among many of the best trial, appellate, and business lawyers in Oregon.
Cosgrave is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants and strive to provide a workplace in which all employees feel included, respected, and valued.
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Writing sample (5-7 pages)
- Law school transcript
Applications must include all documents for consideration. All inquiries will be handled confidentially.
Experienced Litigation Paralegal
Cosgrave Vergeer Kester LLP has an immediate opening for a litigation paralegal to play a significant role in managing a busy litigation practice. The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least two successive, full time years of experience as a litigation paralegal. Work will have an emphasis on personal injury, including premises liability, and products liability. Work may also include professional liability, and construction.
- Have experience providing trial support.
- Be highly organized, with demonstrated ability to efficiently manage discovery, preparation of exhibits for depositions and trial, interview witnesses, schedule witnesses and experts, issue subpoenas, review and summarize medical and employment records.
- Requires ability to conduct background research using various internet tools, including social media sites.
- Have advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint software. Knowledge of NetDocs desirable.
- Be an energetic, self-starter who is able to prioritize and keep track of details in multiple cases, calendars and deadlines.
- Be familiar with Oregon and Washington rules.
You will work closely with partners and associates to: prepare and respond to discovery requests, including review for privilege, redaction and bates labeling of documents; review and analyze medical records with preparation of comprehensive medical summaries; conduct factual and background investigation through use of internet tools and social media; perform document management and analysis; interview witnesses; and prepare for trial and arbitration. Your excellent written and oral skills, combined with a good sense of humor, and intellectual curiosity, will contribute to your success on this busy team. Position requires ability to quickly solve problems as they arise.
Paralegal certification or college degree preferred; equivalent work experience and training may be substituted.
Schedule is 8:30 am to 5:00 pm with additional hours required at times.
If you meet all of the above qualifications, please complete an employment application (located on our website at http://cosgravelaw.com/careers ), and send it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must include all documents for consideration.
We offer a fast paced, team-oriented work environment with competitive compensation, professional development support and a generous benefit package, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k, paid vacation, and more.