Why join us?
If you want to be part of a well-established and growing law firm, and be a member of a close-knit group, then this is the place for you! We offer a fast-paced, team-oriented, and fun work environment with competitive compensation, and generous benefits, including medical, dental, life and disability insurance, 401k, paid time off, and more.
Cosgrave Vergeer Kester LLP is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all applicants and strive to provide a workplace in which all employees feel included, respected, and valued. All inquiries will remain in confidence.
Cosgrave Vergeer Kester LLP seeks an experienced Accounting Manager to join our team. As the Accounting Manager you will supervise, monitor, and evaluate all aspects of financial operations. This position reports directly to the Managing Partner. The Accounting Manager’s responsibilities include the accurate and timely preparation and analysis of all facets of the financial operations of the company, including financial statement preparation, cash management, budget preparation and analysis, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and all other fiscally related duties.
The ideal candidate will:
- Oversee and manage all general accounting functions, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes.
- Continuously monitor revenue and expenses; coordinate the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data, and prepare special reports.
- Prepare, review, and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy, completeness, and report them to the partnership monthly.
- Meet accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- Be responsible for quarterly and year-end financial activities.
- Deliver timely and accurate financial processing, month end close, cash management reports, and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Oversee cash management, including performing wire transfers, ACH payments, and maintaining lines of credit.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and projects as requested.
- Manage and review general ledger accounting functions.
- Work with external auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end.
- Maintain financial security by establishing internal controls and keeping information confidential.
- Adhere to proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Maintain professional banking relationships.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, bank reports, and various detailed analysis reports.
- Maintain files and comply with record retention requirements.
- Manage and complete annual renewals for the company’s insurance policies annually or as often as fiscally beneficial (professional liability, fiduciary, EPLI) and oversee the claims submission process.
Experienced Marketing Coordinator
Cosgrave Vergeer Kester LLP has an immediate opening for a full time Marketing Coordinator. This position has a significant role in managing and facilitating the firm’s strategic marketing objectives and public relations activities.
- Regularly meet with attorneys to implement marketing goals and proactively seek opportunities to drive new business through improved communications and cross-selling.
- Coordinate attorney participation with ALFA International.
- Manage the website and social media content. Collaborate with attorneys to write legal updates.
- Develop print and media advertising campaigns. Prepare and place announcements with media and print.
- Maintain marketing files and advertising contracts. Assemble marketing materials as needed.
- Manage external directory listings.
- Coordinate responses to requests for proposals.
- Develop annual marketing budget.
- Work with the IT Manager to develop and maintain marketing lists.
- Create targeted e-mail blasts and mailings. Coordinate holiday cards and gifts.
- Manage marketing supplies and promotional products.
- Organize events, including seminars and internal socials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Communications.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in marketing. Prior experience in a legal or professional environment preferred.
- Highly organized, with demonstrated ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, problem- solve, and take initiative.
- Experience with marketing strategy development and execution.
- Microsoft Office suite.
- CMS Management (WordPress preferred).
- Email Marketing (Mailchimp preferred).
- Event planning experience.
- Graphic design experience preferred.