Our construction attorneys collaborate with developers, design professionals, contractors and suppliers to get things done. We have comprehensive experience negotiating and drafting construction related agreements, including master contracts, general contracts, subcontracts, bid documents, purchase orders, RFPs and letters of intent. On a regular basis we work with AIA, AGC, DBIA, Consensus DOCS and other standard forms. We understand the realities of the construction industry and we endeavor to provide our clients with practical and sensible advice and solutions.
In the event a dispute arises, our team brings decades of litigation experience to bear and provides our clients with practical counsel and support. Equally important, we strive to provide efficient and pragmatic litigation support – we don’t forget that these disputes cost you money and time. Our construction team has successfully prosecuted and defended contract disputes, construction defect claims, cost-overruns, change order disputes, damage and delay claims, requests for equitable adjustments, liens, warranty disputes and indemnity related issues.
Additionally, we have experience in multiple disciplines which enable us to advise clients on legal issues that go beyond construction. Our experience allows us to assist clients in areas such as OSHA compliance, workers’ compensation, employment law, professional liability, product liability and regulatory compliance.
We are immersed in the construction industry and maintain active memberships in a variety of local and national construction related industry associations, including: Portland Homebuilders Association, National Association of Homebuilders, American Counsel of Engineering Companies of Oregon, American Institute of Architects, Asphalt Pavement Association of Oregon, and Claims and Litigation Management. Our attorneys are also involved in legislative activities including recent discussions regarding construction-defect related notice statutes.
- ABC Roofing Company, Inc.
- Bella Green Construction, LLC
- Brookwood Insurance Company
- Canam Steel Corporation
- Chubb Group of Insurance Companies
- EA White Construction Company
- Everest National Insurance Company
- Farmers Insurance Company
- Joseph Hughes Construction
- Knife River Corporation
- LaFarge North America
- Liberty International Underwriters
- National Indemnity
- Nu Park Development LLC
- One Beacon Insurance Company
- Oregon Helical Piers LLC
- Pence Kelly Construction Company
- Pinnacle NW Construction Company
- R & H Restorations Company
- RWC Development Incorporated
- Silco Construction Company
- Time Frame Incorporated
- Tremco Incorporated
- Unitrin Insurance Company
- Wilson Construction Company
- American Counsel of Engineering Companies of Oregon
- American Institute of Architects
- Asphalt Pavement Association of Oregon
- ALFA International Construction Practice Group
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- Oregon Association of Defense Counsel
- Oregon Real Estate Home Inspectors Association
- Portland Homebuilders Association
- National Association of Homebuilders