There is no cookie-cutter approach to tax planning, because no two people or organizations are alike. That’s why our tax lawyers collaborate with clients and their financial advisors on customized solutions to meet each client’s unique needs. Attorney Jay Richardson leads our taxation practice and is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, and is certified in Financial Management by the Institute of Management Accountants.
Our attorneys work with high-net-worth individuals, families, and closely held businesses to map out strategies that safeguard assets and maximize tax savings. We keep up with constantly changing tax laws affecting different income sources and industries, so that you don’t have to. Our services include the following:
- Business formation, management, and succession planning. Family limited partnerships, limited liability companies, buy-sell agreements, and corporate reorganizations.
- Planning for estate and gift taxes.
- Planning for charitable giving.
- Structuring the purchase, sale, reorganization or merger of a business.
- Tax disputes involving the IRS, Oregon, Washington, and local taxing jurisdictions.
- Tax litigation in Oregon Tax Court.
- Tax planning and advice in business transactions.