Employee Relations and Human Resources Advice & Counsel
Strong employee relations are the cornerstone of a successful business. Cosgrave’s labor and employment attorneys can help lay that foundation, drawing on our 50 years of experience helping clients manage employment relationships.
Our employment law team serves as counsel to clients in diverse industries, on matters such as:
- Employment contracts (including nonsolicitation, noncompetition, arbitration, and confidentiality agreements)
- Employee handbooks and policies
- Diversity and anti-harassment training
- Recruiting and retention strategies
- Best practices for hiring, discipline, and termination
- Litigation, arbitration, and mediation
- Administrative agency claims (Oregon Bureau of Labor & Industries and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission)
- Managing city and county employment issues
Cosgrave advises clients on and, when necessary, litigates all types of discrimination claims under state and federal laws, as well as claims of wage and hour violations, FMLA and OFLA violations, sexual harassment, wrongful discharge, and retaliation. We also assist with employment-related issues such as privacy, defamation, public accommodations, and interference with contract.
Early risk assessment is another crucial component of our clients’ success. We use our extensive trial experience to help clients identify and, when possible, prevent problems before they happen. We’re committed to providing strategic advice that gets pragmatic results.
- Animal Medical Clinic of Oregon, P.C.
- Aquatic Contracting LLC
- AutoBidMaster LLC
- Avada Audiology & Hearing Care Center SW WA Inc.
- Berrett Brothers, Inc.
- BBF Technologies
- BNSF Railway Company
- Beaverton Smile Center
- Broadway Cab
- C.R. England, Inc.
- Capital Pacific Bank
- Columbia Roofing & Sheet Metal
- Crossroads Community Church
- Far West Recycling, Inc.
- Genesee & Wyoming, Inc.
- Geopier Foundation West
- Grand Heritage Hotel Group, LLC
- Horizon Restoration
- Lifetime Exteriors
- McCollum, Inc.
- Old Dominion Freight Line, Inc.
- Oregon Point of Sale
- Percipio Consulting Group
- Portland & Western Railroad, Inc.
- Premier Source Diagnostics, Inc.
- Reser’s Fine Foods, Inc.
- River City Glass & Window
- Sandy Farms
- The Commerce Company
- Timmco Insurance, Inc.
- TOSOH Quartz, Inc.
- Transpacific Food, Inc.
- Union Pacific Railroad
- ALFA International Labor & Employment Practice Group
- Association of Legal Administrators
- Oregon State Bar Labor and Employment section
- Public Risk Management Association (PRIMA)
If you would like to be placed on the list serve to receive our Employment Law Newsletter, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3rd Quarter 2011
- 1st Quarter 2012
- 2nd Quarter 2012
- 3rd Quarter 2012
- 4th Quarter 2012
- 1st Quarter 2013
- 2nd Quarter 2013
- 3rd Quarter 2013
- 4th Quarter 2013
- 1st and 2nd Quarter 2014
- 3rd Quarter 2014
- 4th Quarter 2014 Cosgrave Employment and Business Law Newsletter
- 1st Quarter Cosgrave Employment and Business Law Newsletter
- 2nd & 3rd Quarter Cosgrave Employment and Business Law Newsletter
- 1st Quarter 2016 Cosgrave Employment and Business Law Newsletter
- August 2016 Cosgrave Employment and Business Law Newsletter