Tim Fransen’s practice focuses on defense of consumer financial institutions in litigation primarily involving claims for wrongful foreclosure and violations of federal and state financial and consumer protection law. In addition, Tim advises clients on compliance with state and federal financial and consumer protection laws and regulations.
Tim also has experience in insurance coverage and defense, aviation, and product liability.
Expertise and Experience:
- Residential and commercial foreclosure
- Violations of state and federal servicing laws
- Rescission and other Truth-In-Lending claims
Consumer Protection and Class Actions
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA)
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act (RESPA)
- Oregon Unlawful Debt Collection Practices Act (OUDCPA)
- Oregon Unlawful Trade Practices Act (OUTPA)
Regulatory and Compliance
- Oregon Attorney General Investigative Demands
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) investigations and examinations
Education & Bar Admissions:
Tim received his J.D. from University of California, Hastings College of the Law in 2007, and his B.A. in political science from California State University, Fresno, in 2004.
Tim was admitted to the Oregon State Bar in 2007, and the Washington State Bar in 2016. He is also admitted to practice in federal court in the District of Oregon, and the Western and Eastern Districts of Washington.
Tim is a member of the Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, the Multnomah Bar Association, and the Defense Research Institute.