Max joined Cosgrave in 2017 as an associate in the firm’s business practice group. He has an entrepreneurial spirit and became an attorney to help business owners realize when they should seek legal advice, bring their ideas to life, and position them for growth and success.
Corporate and General Business
- Entity formation
- Corporate shareholder agreements and LLC operating agreements
- Debt and equity financing transactions
- Business purchase transactions
- Risk management and general operating advice
- Employment, independent contractor, nondisclosure and non-competition agreements
- Commercial financing
- Real estate acquisitions and sales
- Commercial leases
- Development agreements
- Commercial and residential loan documentation
- Trademark analysis and advice
- U.S. and state trademark registrations
- Trademark infringement disputes
- Intellectual Property licensing
Prior to joining Cosgrave, Max worked for Farleigh Wada Witt law firm in Portland, Oregon. Before going into private practice, Max served as a judicial extern for U.S. District Court Judge John Acosta and Lane County Circuit Court Judge Curtis Conover. Additionally, Max was an extern at Octagon Football and received hands-on business experience editing NFL player contracts, waivers and agreements. While in law school, he worked as a Student-Athlete Development Graduate Teaching Fellow for the University of Oregon Athletic Department running the Mentor Program and supporting over 400 student-athletes.
Education & Bar Admissions:
Max is admitted to the Oregon Bar and the United States District Court for the District of Oregon. He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Oregon in sociology and a minor in business administration. He earned his law degree from University of Oregon School of Law. While in law school, Max was an Articles Editor for the Oregon Law Review.
- Member, Multnomah Bar Association Young Lawyers Section
- Member, Multnomah Bar Association Business Law, and Real Estate and Land Use Section
- Member, American Bar Association Business and Real Estate Section
- Chair and Board Member, Oregon Club of Portland
- Member, Oregon Alumni Association
- Member, Order of the O Duck Athletic Alumni Association
- Mentor, Oregon Student-Athlete Mentor Program
- Junior Board Member, Oregon Sports Authority Foundation
- Board Member, Oregon Hillel
- Member, Jewish Federation of Greater Portland
- Pub Talk Committee, Oregon Entrepreneurs Association
Max played football for the University of Oregon from 2006 – 2011. He was invited to walk-on to the football team where he contributed to and played on teams that went to the Las Vegas Bowl, Sun Bowl, Holiday Bowl, Rose Bowl and the National Championship. He earned a scholarship and two letters playing football at University of Oregon.
Prior to law school he was a gold miner for the Fairbanks Gold Company in Fairbanks, Alaska, and was filmed on a National Geographic television show called “Goldfathers”. When Max is not working and rooting for his Oregon Ducks, he enjoys dining at some of Portland’s great restaurants, playing basketball, hiking and exploring the Northwest with his wife, Jordan, and their black labs named Clover and Dobby.