Mark Turner has over 25 years’ experience representing clients in all types of business, commercial and employment litigation. Mark has tried more than 100 cases to verdict or decision in the state and Federal courts of Oregon, before administrative law judges and panels, and in private and court-sponsored arbitration. He has represented clients in matters involving securities regulation, shareholders’ rights and corporate governance, contract disputes, real estate, business torts, intellectual property, and employment relationships, among others.
Expertise and Experience:
- Breach of Contract
- Declaratory Judgement
- Injunctive Relief
- Specific Performance
Shareholder/ LLC Member / Partnership Disputes
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty Claims
- Business Divorces
- Declaratory Actions Regarding Ownership Interests
- Shareholder Rights
- Corporate Governance
- Director / Officer Liability
- Unfair Competition
- Trademark Infringement
- Theft of Trade Secrets
- Wrongful Discharge
- Theft of Trade Secrets
- Prosecution and Defense
- Suitability Actions
- Misrepresentation / Fraud
Real Estate / Property Disputes
- Property Line Disputes
- Water Rights
- Real Estate Sale Disputes
- Condemnation / Eminent Domain
- Title Company Disputes
- Trespass / Nuisance
- Timber Trespass / Theft of Shrubbery
- Temporary Restraining Orders
- Preliminary Injunctions
- Represented a New Zealand company in a dispute involving a sub-contract to provide catering services to American forces in Iraq, leading to a successful resolution in private settlement.
- Won a million-dollar verdict on behalf of a U.S. Army reservist bringing claims for wrongful termination and discrimination based on active military service.
- Won a trial decision on behalf of Oregon’s largest private employer in a case alleging discrimination based on sexual orientation.
- Represented a firm providing MRI services in a complex dispute involving both claims against the client’s business venture partners as well as commercial disputes with the venture’s landlord. The matter was successfully resolved after both a state court trial and a private arbitration.
Education & Bar Admissions:
Bachelor of Arts in political philosophy from the College at the University of Chicago, 1981. Doctor of Law from the Law School at the University of Chicago, 1986.
Mark is a member of the Oregon State Bar Association, the United States District Court of Oregon, the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Multnomah Bar Association.
Mark is a member of the Oregon Association of Defense Counsel, and a past chair of its Commercial Litigation Group. He is also a member of the Multnomah County Local Professional Responsibility Committee.
When not in the office, Mark enjoys golf, movies, cooking and the Pacific Northwest.