Jay focuses his law practice in the areas of business and transactions, taxation, estate planning, employee benefit plan consulting, and real estate. Jay has advised small and medium-sized business owners for more than 20 years and they include service, technology, and manufacturing companies.
Jay is a Certified Public Accountant, Certified Management Accountant, and is certified in Financial Management by the Institute of Management Accountants. Jay is also a member of the American Institute of CPAs and holds a Certified Global Management Accountant designation from the AICPA. He is also past Chair of the OSCPA Board of Directors and is a member of council of the AICPA. Due to his extensive accounting background, Jay is able to bring economic and financial perspectives to real world legal problems.
Jay has published numerous articles for the Oregon Society of Certified Public Accountants and the Oregon State Bar.
Education & Bar Admissions:
Jay attended Willamette Law School where he received his Juris Doctorate degree. He received his bachelor of science degree from Brigham Young University.
Jay is admitted to practice in the Oregon State Courts and Washington State Courts.
- Vice-Chair of the OSCPA Professional Conduct Committee
- Co-Chair of the OSCPA Taxation Legislative Bill Review/Oversight Subcommittee
- Member of the OSCPA Taxation Strategic Committee
- Member of the OSCPA Legislative Policy Committee
- Member, American Institute of CPAs, and The Institute of Certified Management Accountants
- Past Chair of the Board of Directors, Oregon Society of CPAs
Jay enjoys playing golf, skiing, racquetball, biking, and running. When not working you can find him spending time with his family travelling to Mexico, and exploring the Mt. Hood Territory.
AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell